What we do
Services supported by Dadirri Disability Services vary according to the changing needs and interests of residents. On a daily basis Dadirri Disability Services staff will support residents achieve the following based on individual ability, confidence and competence:
Assistance with daily personal activities
Development of daily living and life skills
- Support to prepare personal both short and long term goals EG: preparing a personal budget
- Support to manage personal finances
- Support to undertake personal shopping
Assistance with daily life tasks
- Dadirri staff will support resident endeavours to prepare their own meals
- Dadirri staff will support residents tidying their bedrooms
- Dadirri staff will help co-ordinate and where appropriate, accompany residents to attend medical appointments
- Residents are encouraged to take pride in the cleanliness of their home and take some ownership of daily upkeep.
- Residents receive counselling and support to articulate behaviour management plans
- Dadirri staff work with residents and specialists to identify, write and implement their behaviour management plans.
Assistance with travel/transport arrangements
- Each Dadirri residence has a vehicle suitable for transporting residents
- Individual transport requirements are co-ordinated as required utilising external services with appropriately modified vehicles.
Participation in community, social, civic activities
- Dadirri Disability services organises events, activities, day trips specifically for residents eg art projects, dances, bbqs, excursions to the beach
- Also provide assistance for residents to attend other external social events eg Tulip Time parade, movies, ten pin bowling